📌 Get the course for
* Offer valid until January 31, 2023. *
This is the most general introductory course to Montessori education that we offer at IMI. It will introduce students to the Montessori Philosophy, giving them an understanding of the different areas of the Montessori curriculum at the different levels.
The course has a theoretical basis as well as several activities and practical examples from the different areas.
- Teaching team with great knowledge and international experience in Montessori classrooms.
- Didactic material: in our virtual campus you will find theoretical and practical content and videos.
The introductory course to Montessori education that we present is a week-long training, 20 hours of content and dedication. We will teach an introduction to Montessori Philosophy and a tour of the different working areas of Montessori pedagogy. We will do it through a theoretical exposition, illustrated with practical examples of some activity presentations, in the various areas.
The Montessori approach stands out among the pedagogies of active education or New school, for having been consolidated for more than a hundred years, since its bases have been validated by Neurosciences and have been successfully extended to non-school settings.
Although Dr Montessori began her work with children with disabilities and later focused on the 3- to 6-year-old level, she established guidelines to extend the method from birth to three years, as well as in primary school and adolescence.
This educational approach promotes the harmonious development of the motor, intellectual, emotional and social areas, from a personalised approach. It also emphasizes the role of the human being who collaborates with the balance of nature and promotes peace.
This Montessori Education course is aimed at:
- Technicians in Early Childhood Education
- Early childhood educators
- Primary education teachers
- Homeschooler families (homeschooling)
- Toy library educators
- Educators of children with special needs
- Grandparents, families and any other professional profile interested in this stage of development
- Psychologists, Speech Therapists, Pediatricians, Therapists, Neurologists
- Children’s educators
- Day Mothers (caregivers at home up to 3 years old)
- Mothers and fathers
- Other educational environments
- Any professional interested in educational innovation.
- Montessori Philosophy I
- Montessori Philosophy II
- Environment for 0 to 3 years old and from 3 to 6 years old children.
- Environment for 6 to 12 years old children and for Adolescents.
Students will have the necessary readings for training through our virtual campus
Modules where we will discuss the following content:
- Montessori historical context, the origin and scope of the method.
- The educational principles discovered in San Lorenzo and the qualities of Montessori pedagogy: education for life, scientific education, peace education and cosmic education.
- Stages of development and human tendencies: absorbing mind and sensitive periods, characteristics from birth to adolescence.
- Physical and psychological characteristics of the prepared environment: from the Nest to the Adolescents Community.
- Concentration as the basis for normalization.
- The role of the adult: main aspects of their preparation.
- The importance of observation.
- Childcare from birth to three years, importance of free movement according to Montessori and Pikler.
- General purposes and characteristics of the materials for level 3 to 6 years: Practical Life, Sensory Material, Language and Mathematics.
- Examples of working with some materials from level 3 to 6 years.
- General purposes and characteristics of the materials for the level 6 to 12 years: Language, Mathematics, Geometry and Cosmic Education.
- Examples of working with some materials from level 6 to 12 years.
- Educational proposal for adolescents.
- A day in a Montessori classroom.
- Aspects to consider in the implementation of Montessori pedagogy: educational inclusion, simultaneous learning of two languages, evaluation.
- Montessori and Neurosciences.
After successfully completing the activities requested at the end of each module, the student will receive a Certificate in digital format, awarded by the International Montessori Institute as the official training center for Montessori pedagogy.
Registering for the course is very simple, you must click on the “Take this Course” button that you will find under the course title.
Once this is done, the shopping cart will appear with the course you have chosen, and you must click on “Proceed to checkout”, or continue browsing our website to add new courses to your cart.
The next step will be to fill in the form with the billing information and choose the payment method: by card or Paypal, and click on “Place order”.
After the registration process, you will automatically receive a welcome email, which will include your access codes so that you can start the course. Remember that you have up to 30 days to complete the course.
Remember that after reading or viewing the content of the lessons you must press the “Completed” button, and thus proceed to the next topic.